Friday, September 30, 2005

Focusing on Writing

I have to echo what Andy said in his post. Because of the Missouri Writing Project, my focus is on writing. I am helping my students become better writers by having them write more.

My students are blogging, which includes posting at least twice each week on their own blogs for "C" level work and commenting at least three times each week on entries their peers write. For "A" or "B" level work, they need to post consistently, or occasionally more than required, respectively.

My students also begin most class sessions by writing in response to a prompt of some sort. At times I give them a writing prompt and at other times, their peers assign a writing prompt as part of their leadership presentations.

Further, in addition to responding in writing to their peers’ papers, each student will write four "formal" papers during the semester. I am really encouraged by how well they are doing and I look forward to sharing more of my experiences here on the MWPN blog and on my own blog in the months to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home